Updated:How to hold and pick up a guinea pig

Hi readers, When I first did a "How to pick up a guinea pig" post I had only just got my guinea pigs and I now have different ideas on how to pick them up so I though I would do a new one.

How to pick up a guinea pig
This is easiest way to pick up a scared, injured guinea pig, or a guinea pig who likes to nibble fingers(like my Bramble!).
Get a nice big towel and place it over them and carefully pick them up and wrap them up as it will make them feel safe.
The next way is a good way to hold your guinea pig for if you are standing up.
Put one hand over their back or under their front legs and the other hand under their rear end and gently pick them up and put them to your chest or along your arm.

How to hold a guinea pig
Now you know how to pick up your guinea pig, its time to learn how to hold them for some cuddles and health checks.
The best way to hold a guinea pig is in a cuddle cup as they feel safe and you are less likely to drop them. I would always recommend not letting children under 3 hold or pick up a guinea pig without supervision.

I hope you found this post useful,

Book Worm :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy birthday Bramble bug!

Good guinea pig care books and websites

The best housing for outdoor and indoor guinea pigs and storage for guinea pig supplies/ Old opinion