My guinea pigs diet

Hi readers, todays post is on your guinea pigs diet. I thought this would be a good post as I haven't done one since I started and my guinea pigs diet has changed.

There are 4 different parts of a guinea pigs diet and my guinea pigs get all of them.
The most important part of any guinea pigs diet is HAY. Hay is sun dried grass and there are quite a few different types like Timothy, Meadow and Alfalfa. Bramble and Patches have Meadow hay and sometimes for a treat I buy a bag of Timothy.

Next it is VEGETABLES. Vegetables provide most of the essential vitamins and minerals that guinea pigs need. The ones that Bramble and Patches get most often are: Carrot, Lettuce, Fine green beans, Spinach, Bell pepper and Baby leaf salad. When buying veg for your guinea pigs always check that they are allowed to eat it.

The next food is PELLETS. Pellets are a pretty big part of any guinea pigs diet, especially in the winter and any other colder months. There are loads of brands of guinea pig pellets but the ones I recommend are Burgess Excel and Supreme Science Selective. I have fed Bramble and Patches both these types but I am only just introducing Burgess Excel.

The last part is TREATS. These are not a big part of any guinea pigs diet but a few every now and again is ok. Always check the ingredients when choosing treats to check how much sugar is in them.

I hope you find this helpful,

Book Worm :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy birthday Bramble bug!

Good guinea pig care books and websites

The best housing for outdoor and indoor guinea pigs and storage for guinea pig supplies/ Old opinion