Guinea pig companiship care sheet/ old

Hi readers, as on my guinea pig care sheet I did nothing about companionship. This is my care sheet for companionship.

Why do guinea pigs need company?
In the wild guinea pigs live in herds led by one male with several females and their offspring. Would you like it if you were on your own with no one to talk to? This is what guinea pigs feel like on their own. The ideal grouping for guinea pigs is one neutered male and one or more females like they would be in the wild. It is not recommended for several males to live together as they will fight. If you do have several males it is best to have a split C and C cage as they can interact through the bars. A group of females will also quite happily get along.
When I got Patches she was on her own but I decided to get her a friend on to keep her company, this little guinea pig was Bramble! To start with they didn't get on at all so I had them inside for a few days. They still don't always get along so now I'm getting a neutered male called Teddy that will hopefully help them get along.

I hope you find this helpful,

Book Worm:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy birthday Bramble bug!

Good guinea pig care books and websites

The best housing for outdoor and indoor guinea pigs and storage for guinea pig supplies/ Old opinion