Treats I feed Bramble and Patches

Hi readers, todays post is on treats I feed Bramble and Patches.

1. Seed blocks.
Guinea pigs would find seeds in the wild so seed blocks mean they can forage in their food dish if you break it up. Seed blocks are normally made with Wheat seeds and some type of dried fruit. The best brands to get is Pets at home, Wilko, Woodlands, Burgess and Rosewood.

2. Muesli food.
This is not recommended as a main diet but as treats its fine. This is actually a really good treat as it is also providing vitamins and minerals as well. This mix normally contains: Pea flakes, Locust beans, Pellets and Treats. I actually separate the different parts sometimes  so I can hand feed them. My favourite brands are Supreme and Wilko.

3. Dry treats.
These are normally quite bright in colour and flavoured with a type of fruit. My piggies love these and I would defiantly recommend them. You can get these in many places and come in lots of flavours but make sure they aren't high in sugar.

4. Treat sticks.
These come in loads of different flavours and Bramble and Patches love them. If I left one in the cage over night it would probably be gone by the morning! I like to get the Vitakraft guinea pig healthy hair as Patches has long fur and Bramble's coat looks really nice with a shine on it. These also come in guinea pig, rabbit and hamster immune system ones and healthy hair for rabbits and hamsters.

5. Bamboo leaves.
These are an unusual treat, but I have a huge bush in my garden and I wondered whether I could feed it to Bramble and Patches. I tried it and they absolutely love them. I would defiantly recommend them if you have a bush in your garden. When feeding bamboo leaves I would recommend that you only feed about three to each piggie especially if it's their first time. If you have a bamboo plant in your garden this is great but you can also buy them in garden centres as young plants. If you let them dry out they like them even more!

6. Oats and Grass seed are a brilliant addition to their diet and they get this for breakfast every day during winter but they will get less in the summer. You can buy the oats in a grocery store and the grass seed in a garden centre or hardware store like Wilko or B and Q.

7. Forage is very good for guinea pigs as it is natural and healthy. Bramble and Patches get a little bit each day during winter but won't get any in the summer as this is a supplement for fresh herbs and plants like parsley, dandelions and grass. I get my forage in Home bargains for £1.75 which is cheaper than Pets at home.

I hope you like this,

Book Worm :)   

Popular posts from this blog

Happy birthday Bramble bug!

Good guinea pig care books and websites

The best housing for outdoor and indoor guinea pigs and storage for guinea pig supplies/ Old opinion